The United Nations Children’s fund (UNICEF), the world’s leading organisation working for the rights of children, invites applications for the following Temporary appointment position
Communication For Development Specialist, Duration : 1 year, Duty Station : New Delhi
Under the daily supervision of the WASH Specialist and in consultation with the communication for development (C4D) section, the incumbent is responsible to provide strategic guidance, technical inputs and design and production oversight for UNICEF’s WASH communication interventions in child environment programme and for supporting the Ministry of Rural Development, Department of Drinking Water Supply’s relevant behavioral change programmes and initiatives.
Advanced university degree in the Social/Behavioral Sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health, Education, or other fields related to the work of UNICEF.
• Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in the design, planning and management of strategic communication programmes. Training in current developments in the fields of media, communication for development theory and research, behavioral and social sciences, participatory planning and processes; as also strategic communication planning, behavior analysis, formative research and evaluation of communication interventions. Experience and knowledge of programme communication design and implementation for behavior and social change, social mobilization and advocacy. Experience in inter-disciplinary approach in strategic communication with knowledge of UN and/or UNICEF’s work in humanitarian action.
• Fluency in oral and written English language. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station an asset.
• Proven skills in programme communication networking, advocacy and negotiation.
• Organize and implement training and capacity building.
• Clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts in written and oral form and to listen to and acknowledges others’ perspectives and views.
• Excellent analytical skills to synthesize diverse sets of data and information and present it persuasively at official forums.
• Ability to draft official progress reports for donors and government partners in collaboration with programme sections.
• Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications
• Understanding of Rights-based and Results-based approach and programming.
• Understanding of international humanitarian affairs and humanitarian work.
• Knowledge of latest theory, methodology, technology and tools in the functional areas.
• Ability to undertake communication capacity building
• Understanding of development and production of creative materials
• Knowledge about communication interventions under situations of emergency would be an asset.
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 weeks. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the title of the post ” application for Communication for Development Specialist” and location in the subject line of your e-mail. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only
- Principal and other Jobs at Maxfort School, Delhi (1.000)
- Teacher Jobs at Presidium, Delhi NCR (1.000)
- Programme Assistant Jobs at United Nations Population Fund, New Delhi (1.000)
- Government Jobs at National Cooperative Consumers, New Delhi (1.000)
- Professor Jobs at Shivaji College, Delhi (1.000)
- Engineering Jobs at Mectech Process Engineers Pvt. Ltd, Delhi (1.000)
- EA Jobs at Invision, New Delhi (1.000)
- Marketing Jobs at National Textile Corporation, New Delhi (RANDOM - 0.269)